Monday, May 21, 2007

We have a home

And again I say unto you, we have a home, at long last. I'm thrilled and a little bit nervous.

*bounces*

It was a speedy business to say the least. We saw the place on Wednesday 18 April, bidding race was full on the morning after and we signed papers on the evening Thursday 19 April. Then we had a home loan meeting at the bank on Monday 23 April. Since then we've also been approved as members of the tenant-owner's association so now there is nothing standing in the way for us getting the flat.

We've been over there again to chat with the current owners and to take some measurements, look at the storage room and things like that. There are a few things that we want to do to the place, such as putting up new wallpaper in one of the rooms, repainting the walls in another, stuff like that. We won't rush it though, it'll be ours and we get to do things at our own pace.

Midsummer, usually quite a busy party weekend for all Swedes, will this year be spent preparing for the move. We'll move in the weekend before but all our things get there on the 25th of June. I will fly up north and help organise and load the truck. Then my parents will drive down and I'll ride with them, hopefully making it here before the guy driving the truck. It will be like getting hundreds of presents for Christmas, most of our stuff has been in boxes for three years!

This makes me feel a tad materialistic, I like my things and I have missed having them around. Quite a few items that we got as wedding presents we never got the opportunity to use before packing them away. We have a lovely wine rack that I hope we can find a good spot for, a beautiful table cloth that D's grandmother made us, and lots of nifty kitchen-related things and appliances that I've longed to be able to use again. It makes me happy just thinking about it all. Materialism is quite real, and beauty and happiness in objects has a lot more to it than I have previously thought. At this point I'm not worrying about it though, I'm just looking forward to moving in to our new place.

Home sweet home.

keah

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At Sat Aug 11, 04:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm not sure how I stumbled onto your blog. One blog leads to another, leads to another, leads to another.

It is always interesting to read about the life of someone who is living such a different life than I am at the time. I do enjoy being able to stay at home with my son, but I miss the challenge of working and having the ability to up and move whereever I'd like.

And that thing on the train. Again, very cool. Hopefully the time you spent on my blog didn't bore you too terribly. I remember pre-kid I had NO interest in hearing about such things. How life can change you....in so many ways.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home