Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Nightly adventures

With the EDD coming up I have some trouble sleeping through the night. For the longest time I didn't have to get up to go to the loo, but I did have to turn over in bed and lie on the other side (lying on my back hasn't been possible for quite some time, it feels like I don't get enough air). Now it's both these things that are waking me up.
To make things a little easier the husband and I decided to switch sides in bed so that I can sleep closer to the door and hallway (where the loo is). Last night was the first night with this new arrangement. We fell asleep alright even though it felt a bit strange to suddenly have him on the other side of me than what's been the case for the past 13 years... I expected of course that I'd have to get up at around 3 or so but I couldn't really imagine the abrupt awakening.

I was dreaming that I was up in the mountains somewhere hiking as a part of a group activity. I was in a group leading position and had gone ahead to find and prepare a good site for resting. I spotted a few snakes lying on some rocks in the sun and poked at them with a stick to get them to move since I thought the site was otherwise just perfect for our group. With that taken care of I strolled off and failed to see another snake that got so disturbed by my presence that it lunged out at me. Startled I threw myself to the side and escaped the bite. Dreams can be quite vivid at times and this one of course was, which is why I found myself waking up on the floor, having hurled myself out of the bed to get away from the snake! All I could do once the shock from the dream had passed was of course to laugh about it. The sight of a heavily pregnant woman fearing for her life and hurling herself to the side only to land on the floor beside the bed would have to be just striking.

:-D

keah

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home